An Emporia woman had a fire develop in her trailer home early Saturday evening, but firefighters say the situation could have turned out much worse.
Fire developed at 621 Lakeview, Lot 37, a little after 5 pm according to Fire Battalion Chief Rich Gould.
Audio file failed to load...
The occupant's name has not been released.
Gould says people need to watch what devices they are plugging into walls, especially if there are some heating concerns. One way to minimize the potential danger is simply to avoid plugging a lot of devices into a power strip, but a better option is checking with an electrician.