No injuries were reported after an electrical malfunction caused the evacuation of Flying J travel plaza shortly after 9 pm Saturday.
EFD Battalion Chief Rex Fisher says firefighters noticed light smoke throughout the building at 4215 West U.S. Highway 50, with everybody out safely and the building on secondary power. Firefighters had numerous breaker panels to check, eventually finding one with minor heat buildup and a thrown breaker.
Westar made some electrical adjustments so the building could resume normal operations. Kansas Gas and Flying J electricians also went to the scene to assist.