Emporia firefighters dealt with a grass fire Thursday afternoon.
It has been over three years since the Emporia Fire Department offered free smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to the public. Firefighters opened up the program again Thursday and immediately saw heavy demand.
Acoustic panels will be installed inside the Bowyer Community Building next year.
Lyon County deputies have filled in more information about Tuesday evening's accident that sent one person to Newman Regional Health for treatment.
Investigations continue into a pair of destructive fires last weekend.
The next session in a special information initiative on asthma is taking place at Newman Regional Health on Friday.
Emporia city commissioners had a brief but jam-packed action session Wednesday.
The commission approved a Memorandum of Understanding with the Emporia Main Street Development Group LLC, to effectively get started on a new downtown construction project.
Tough decisions are ahead, but patrons of USD 284 Chase County are impressed with the process involved as the district decides whether to have one school building or two for its students.