KVOE 1400 AM & 96.9 FM, Country 101.7, Mix 104.9 Jackpot Machine Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. HOW TO ENTER
a. To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Attend KVOE AM/FM and KFFX promotional and client events, exact dates/times/locations to be announced on-air and on-line for an opportunity to spin the Jackpot machine for a chance to win $25,000 or one of many other prizes (see list in Section 3(a), upon confirmation of eligibility. Up to 5,000 listeners will be given a chance to spin the wheel.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. The Promotion is offered and open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous states of the United States and District Of Columbia at least 18 years old and of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of Emporia's Radio Stations, Inc. (“Sponsor”), any participating promotional companies and prize providers, their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers, and entities involved in the creation of Promotion materials, and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Groups, clubs, organizations, commercial entities, and businesses cannot participate. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited
b. Winner will be responsible for signing affidavit for applicable taxes and must sign contest winner release form.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion period begins on July 1, 2017 and ends on July 31, 2017, All Entries must be received no later than July 31, 2017
a. One (1) Grand Prize: $25,000 cash to be provided by SCA Promotions, Inc. (“SCA”).
There is no guarantee that a grand prize will be awarded in this contest.
b. Qualifying Prizes: All prizes will be awarded on site at the time of winning.
c. Note: There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that
Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The
prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes,
gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
a. Decisions of ERS, Inc. management with respect to the contest are final.
b. Listeners will have an opportunity to play the Jackpot machine at various KVOE AM/FM and KFFX promotional and client events where the Jackpot machine will be on display. Participants will pull the lever of the Jackpot machine for their chance to win $25,000 or other prizes. If a listener plays the Jackpot machine and it comes up as 3 stacks of cash the listener will win $25,000 cash upon confirmation by SCA, the contest’s insurer. If a listener wins any other prize, a pre-printed coupon will be automatically dispensed, telling the listener which prize he/she won.
c. Listeners may only play the Jackpot machine once per location and will be
subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by SCA. SCA will be the provider of the
$25,000 and ERS, Inc. will not be held liable in the event that the Qualifier fails to meet the terms and conditions of SCA.
d. A maximum of 5,000 listeners will be given a chance to spin the Jackpot machine
during the contest. There will be a maximum of one grand prize winner.
e. Listeners’ odds of winning the grand prize are approximately 2,000,000:1. Odds of
being a qualifying prize-winner depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
f. Winner needs to be present to win.
g. Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of
Liability Prize Acceptance Form within ten (10) days of notification attempt or prize will
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
b. By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, ERS, Inc. in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold ERS, Inc., and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
d. ERS, INC. reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the
substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon
announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of ERS, INC., the KVOE AM/FM and KFFX Jackpot appearance or an event prize (i.e. concert tickets) is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, ERS, INC. reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
e. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification
solely at the discretion of ERS, INC..
f. ERS, INC. is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
g. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available
during regular business hours at the KVOE Studio / 1400 C of E Drive / Emporia, KS 66801
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BELIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of KANSAS, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of KANSAS, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, if any, send a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: KVOE, PO Box 968, Emporia, KS 66801, for receipt by Erren Harter.
Sponsored by: (Emporia's Radio Stations, Inc., PO Box 968, Emporia, KS 66801)